Next Application deadline: 15th Nov 2016.
Grants for young avian diseases research workers, of any nationality, aged 35 or under, to undertake the following, in countries other than their own:
- Attendance and participation in scientific meetings.
- Short visits to appropriate laboratories for discussions and/or learning specific techniques (maximum duration 14 days).
- Appropriate training courses (not exceeding 14 days).
Deadlines: 15th Feb, 15th June or 15th Nov annually.
Grant applications must fulfil the following criteria:
- Grants must be used in furtherance of research on avian diseases.
- Grants must be for travel to a country other than the country is which the applicant is based for their place of work.
- Grants must be used for: Attendance and participation in scientific meetings; or short visits to appropriate laboratories for learning new techniques; or attendance at short training courses.
Applications must be made on the official form (http://www.houghtontrust.org.uk/travel-grants.php ) and should be submitted by e-mail to The Houghton Trust Secretary, Dr. Susan Baigent, (firstname.lastname@example.org)